Following deadlines apply for the poster session:
Submission deadline for papers:
August 3rd August 10th
Notification of acceptance:
September 3rd September 10th
October 1st, 9:00-13:30
With this workshop we want to bring the topic of Proximity Perception and its community into a spotlight. This objectives of the workshops are:
- To help establish networks and a vivid community in Proximity Perception. As of now, the community of researchers in Proximity Perception is very distributed and only loosely coordinated.
- To open the topic to the wider robotics community, because we expect that Proximity Perception technologies will play an essential role for service and industrial robotics as well as for safe human-robot collaboration and compliant robotics applications in the near future.
- To provide a platform for young researchers to gain experience by presenting their results.
- To provide a platform for the exchange between researchers and stakeholders from industry.
- To allow researchers from the related field of Tactile Perception to contribute with their experience and insights towards what are promising approaches for Proximity Perception.
Topics of Interest
- Proximity Sensors
- Sensor Desgin
- Measurement Principles (infra-red, capacitive, radar, inductive, etc.)
- Sensor Calibration
- Multi-Modal Sensors (tactile, shear, vibration, etc.)
- Robotic Skins
- Application Domains for Proximity Sensors
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Human-Robot Collaboration
- Preshaping and Grasping
- Multi-Modal Exploration
- Assistive Robots
- Collision Avoidance
- Teleoperation with Proximity Sensing
- Intuitive Robot Programming, Human-Robot Interface
- Multi-Modal Control
- Sensor Fusion
- Bridging from Tactile Perception to Proximity Perception
Call for paper: see here.
Mailing-List: see here.